Heading art by Robert Fleming

Heading art by Robert Fleming /// Send up to three ghazals on any subject, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on August 18th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Ghazal Train will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, August 19th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Lori Wall-Holloway

Journey

Jesus replied [to the Samaritan woman at the well], “People soon become thirsty again after drinking this water. But the water I give them takes away thirst altogether. It becomes a perpetual spring within them, giving them eternal life.” (John 4:13-14 NLT)

 

Worldly distractions occupy my thoughts in spring

My mind quickly unravels like an unwound spring

 

Though confusion and doubt breaks the Father’s kind heart

He still urges me to drink from Love’s unbound spring

 

Do I follow my Creator or walk away

Or do I pursue His route to an upbound spring

 

Joyous overwhelming trust starts to develop

Together our journey gives me a newfound spring

 

Now a disciple, I grab hold God’s hand and walk

Along a path next to a living, inbound spring

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Parting is … We trusted land and sky at the start To care for us and to each our part But humankind did mess with that And bit by bit ...