Heading art by Robert Fleming

Heading art by Robert Fleming /// Send up to three ghazals on any subject, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on August 18th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Ghazal Train will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, August 19th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Monday, August 14, 2023

Bill Cushing

GRIEF RELEASED

 

The more I live, the greater the grief;

the best I can do is treasure the grief.

 

I began life with promise, but found

that life can only guarantee grief.

 

Improvising the normal along with

remorse allows me to see grief.

 

If not relief, let me regain the mundane;

I only ask that you leave me, grief.

 

Moving on is a slow pained process,

the only avenue to flee grief.

 

The more resilient I can become,

the better I can set free grief.

 

The best way to pay the bill is to dive

into the human element, and leave me grief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

Parting is … We trusted land and sky at the start To care for us and to each our part But humankind did mess with that And bit by bit ...